- 3/4 cup black rice
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 bunch spinach, large stems removed and rinsed
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh ginger
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced, white and green parts separated
- 1 pound extra-firm tofu, cut into six 1/2-inch-thick rectangles
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Bring rice and water to a boil in a small saucepan. Reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed, about 45 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork and set aside.
- Steam spinach, covered, in 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat for 2 minutes; set aside. Saute garlic, ginger, and scallion whites in remaining oil until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add tofu and Sriracha and cook until tofu is golden, about 6 minutes per side. Remove and set aside.
- Add rice to skillet and cook over medium-high heat until crisp, about 2 minutes. Serve with spinach and tofu. Garnish with scallion greens and serve with lime.