I have recently, over this past summer, gotten obsessed with using body scrubs! Most of the time I don’t use the scrub on my entire body. Most of the time, I just use it for my legs, lips, and feet.
This scrub is very simple! When you are using scrubs make that you have little ingredients with great results. For example, make sure that you use a very moisturizing oil inside of the scrub. Oils such as Olive, Coconut, or Almond. Another options is to buy a natural/organic oil blend. Some brands you might want to consider are the following;
- Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Bath & Body Oil =$9.99 Walgreen’s or Target or just search on Google to see if you can get it cheaper online
- Out Of Africa Verbena Shea Butter Body Oil =$19.99 Walgreen’s (this one is a little bit more on the expensive side but the ingredients are AWESOME for the skin. ONLINE ONLY
- Alba Botanica Deep Moisturizing Natural Hawaiian Kukui Nut Body Oil up to $9.95. If you want to buy this one look through Amazon to see what prices will be better for you. Click the word Amazon to go to the actual link I provided for you
HERE ARE SOME USES FOR THE SCRUB:
- Shaving: After your shower routine, massage your legs with this scrub until most of the salt have dissolved. Rinse with warm water to keep the pores open. Shave as normal. Note: A Flawless Shave post will be coming soon. This post will be like the “down-low” on a flawless, pore-less, subtle free shave. Watch out for it!
- Lips: This application is very, very simple. Simply rub the scrub onto dry lips. Why dry? The oils from the scrub will moisten your lips to create that smooth massage-like feel that we love! Rub in for a good minute to half a minute. Then wipe off with a dampen warm cloth. To moisturize those lips, add an organic lip butter/chap-stick; and Wallah!
DIY: ORGANIC MULTI-PURPOSE
- 1 cup EPSOM SALT
- 1/4 cup of OIL OF YOUR CHOICE
You can choose between olive, coconut, almond, or one of the body oils or Find one of your own!
- Plastic Container
Add the Epsom Salt with the oil. Add the oil in slowly until you get a moist consistency.
You don’t want it too very runny. It want it loose and moist.
Here is the benefits of Epsom Salt:
The sulfates in Epsom salt help flush toxins and heavy metals from the cells, easing muscle pain and helping the body to eliminate harmful substances. Your skin is a highly porous membrane and adding the right minerals to your bathwater triggers a process called reverse osmosis, which actually pulls salt out of your body, and harmful toxins along with it.
Store and keep in the container. The scrub should look something like this!
Look out for more DIY: BODY SCRUB RECIPES
This scrub is very moisturizing. It leaves the skin smooth, rubble-free, and no-more strawberry legs. You guys know what I’m taking about! 🙂
BLESSINGS~ RYNNIE R.