By: Wellness Mama
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon beeswax pastilles (or 2 Tablespoons if making in lip chap containers)
- 1 tablespoon Shea Butter or Cocoa Butter
- This base recipe will fill about 6 small tins or about 10 plastic lip chap containers.You can purchase them here.
- Melt the coconut oil, beeswax and shea/cocoa butter in a glass jar sitting in a small pot of simmering water (not boiling) and stir gently until melted (be careful not to get any water into the mixture).
- When melted, carefully stir in any colors or essential oils, if using. My favorite is lemon and vanilla for scent and a little red coloring or cocoa powder for color. A couple drops of peppermint will make it similar to Burt’s Bees Lip Chap.
- Once colors/scents are mixed in, use a dropper to transfer to tins or lip chap containers. Let cool.
- Apply the versions in the tins with your finger or use the version in plastic container as you would regular lip chap.
w/ Natural Tint
Optional Add-Ins For Red Hues: ⅛ teaspoon of beet root powder or 1 drop of natural red food coloring with no chemical additives. NOTE: Add these very slowly as a little goes a long way! I added one drop of natural red food coloring to the recipe above! For Brown/Tan Hues: ¼ teaspoon (or more for color) of organic cocoa powder, a tiny pinch of cinnamon or turmeric to get the shade you want For Scent: A drop of essential oil of choice (optional).